Nerdify Reviews 6 Ways to Keep Your Brain Active in Summer
When the summertime comes and you finally have a college break (or you are only planning to enter college in the future), it is crucial to keep your brain active and engaged. While it may seem challenging to do when you do not have any lessons or homework to complete, it is still possible to let your creativity flow and keep you safe in terms of being ready. According to our Nerdify reviews experts, you do not have to exhaust yourself either since it will only make you feel tired and stressed. The trick is to find the right balance between having some rest and learning things in a special way that would not ruin your summer schedule and basic plans. It is also one of the reasons why your brain activity must be as enjoyable as it can be!
1. Learn a Foreign Language. Our experts at Nerdify reviews believe that learning a foreign language during your summer break is one of the best ways to keep your brain active. You are not only learning how to write and read but also master the art of thinking and analyzing things in a different language. If one approaches this aspect through the lens of Psychology and Education, it is a great opportunity that you should not miss. It will teach you more about strategic thinking and will help your brain to switch to something different even if you do not feel like learning anything at all!
2. Join Free Online Courses. Another great idea that you should consider is joining free online courses at Coursera, Udemy, or any other online educational platform that meets your requirements. For example, if you are majoring in Nursing but find it difficult to write reflective essays, you can join courses that deal with writing mechanics and help students to improve their style and grammar knowledge. Unlike a typical college course, you will have a flexible schedule, which means that you can spend your summertime wisely and study exactly when you can without making it feel like a chore. Likewise, students majoring in Data Science can consider web design or Java courses that will help them to save time and use free summer days to learn something without being in a hurry!
3. Start a Web Blog. Just before you are ready to say that you won’t ever learn something during your well-deserved summer break, the Nerdify reviews team is happy to offer something different and entertaining for a change. Think about starting your blog or Vlog. It can be anything from fashion tips and cooking to sharing those great ideas in terms of favorite movies and books. The purpose here is to address your planning and writing skills as you learn how to compose blogs, post things on a regular basis, talk to people online, and keep your brain engaged in something creative and fun. Do not forget that blogging can also help you to get sponsorship as you spread your message across the world. Let your thoughts and bright ideas be heard!
4. Participate in Local Community Work. The majority of our Nerdify reviews team members can confirm that summertime is good for taking a break from our online activities for a while and have some rest. Nevertheless, it does not mean that you should sit at the porch of your house or get stuck in your phone as you are choosing among party invitations. Think about participating in local community work and make a positive difference. It can be anything from summer camp volunteering (something you can add to your resume) and political work as you highlight the issues that take place.
5. Read Books & Explore Things. Consider reading books and exploring those things that interest you. It does not have to be related to your future or existing major per se because your brain needs something for a change. If you want to find out more about the history of the United States or learn about engineering, you can also check various audiobooks and online lectures. If reading does not seem to be among your passions, you should still make an effort and read at least one book. Even if it is something that you have read before, it will help you learn a little bit about sentence structure and style as you connect the visual aspect with your brain processes.
6. Train Your Social Skills. Think about the ways how you can train your social skills by talking to people and learning to listen. Think about starting a band or play sports in a team if you have an opportunity. You shall see that your social abilities will improve right away as you compete with others and show strong leadership skills.